|Copyright © 2014 Thomas Training Consultants
For more info, or to register for a class, call 330.559.3789 / 330.559.3790
Heartcode ACLS Skills Testing
(Click here for the AHA "HeartCode® ACLS Skills Test FAQs")
"ACLS is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and
communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related
pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where
case-based scenarios are presented.
ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary
arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive
care and critical care units.
Course content includes:
• Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions,use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
• Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
• Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
• Airway management
• Related pharmacology
• Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
• Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
• Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics"
|Offering professional workforce training solutions since 1997.
|Southwoods Executive Centre ~ 100 DeBartolo Place ~ Suite 220A, Boardman, OH ~ 44512